False complaint against under SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities)Act

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others False complaint against under SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities)Act

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zaveri Samir 2 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
  • #754

    Sir, I am working as Manager-Industrial Relations with MNC having role to deal with unions. In past our union members filed a false complaint against me under SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities)Act but failed to produce the real victim/witnesses when asked by police again and again. At last they withdrew the same by writing that they got some misunderstandings which had resolved now. Both parties signed on that. Now we get information that they are again planning to trap me in the similar other case to pressurize me to prevail upon me to revert disciplinary actions against them.

    Question is- Is there any legal remedy to have any injunction against them to do so again in future?

  • #760

    There can be no injunction against filing of a criminal complaint if the offence has taken place. You may have to fight the case on merits.

    However, their past conduct of filing a false criminal complaint may be relevant.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

  • #886

    Yes, their past history will be helpful in future also you can take legal action under section 182 & 211 of IPC for making false criminal complaint against you. I think Adv. Ashok sir can give right legal suggestion about applicability of section 182/211.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: For a free legal question with your Facebook login, click here.]