criminal case and civil services for case under 323/ 341/ 354/ 354b/ 506/ 509/ 34 IPC

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law criminal case and civil services for case under 323/ 341/ 354/ 354b/ 506/ 509/ 34 IPC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

sir a fir has filed against me under 323/341/354/354b/506/509/534 ipc , i got an anticipatory bail and chargesheet is not yet filed . sir i want to know that as the case would take years so can i apply for civil services or any other govt job , if i disclose all things in declaration , can i get the job after clearing exam and interview ??????????

While it is for the concerned authority to take the final call, generally speaking, a pending case under Sections 323/ 341/ 354/ 354b/ 506/ 509/ 34 IPC should not come in the way of getting a government job. You should, however, declare about the pending criminal case transparently in the relevant columns of the attestation form / police verification form when you are offered a job.

But, after conviction in the criminal case, if any, the competent authority may take action against the government servant concerned, which may generally be removal or dismissal from service in such a case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.