Corrections in Criminal case Judgement

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Corrections in Criminal case Judgement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #3154

    There is a clerical error in the list of PWs 1 to 5 and the Exhiobits P1 to P6 how to rectify the mistakes during crimina Appeal stage? Please answer the same

  • #3158

    Section 362 of the Criminal Procedure Code allows the court to modify its judgment or order for correcting the clerical or arithmetical errors. Try in the trial court under that section if it is important for your appeal:

    362. Court not to alter judgment.— Save as otherwise provided by this Code or by any other law for the time being in force, no Court, when it has signed its judgment or final order disposing of a case, shall alter or review the same except to correct a clerical or arithmetical error.”


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may also like to read these topics:

Where can appeal be filed in a compoundable summons trial case?
Can police arrest person despite his appearance in compliance with S. 41-A CRPC?
Can the Section 161 CrPC statements be signed by a police officer?
Seeking anticipatory bail after lower court issued warrant for non-appearance?

Facebook Comments