Combined rejoinder affidavit or separate rejoinders to 2 respondents?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Combined rejoinder affidavit or separate rejoinders to 2 respondents?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

There are two respondents in my writ petition and both have filed their counter affidavits. I have been permitted by high court to file my rejoinder affidavit. Do I have to file a single combined rejoinder or two separate rejoinder in response these two respondents? [I am appearing in person]

Though there is no hard and fast rule, as far as I understand, it may be preferable if you file separate rejoinder affidavits to the counter-affidavits filed by the two respondents, wherein you can appropriately deal with the issues raised by them. In case you file a combined rejoinder, you may have to specifically point out which averment in your rejoinder is in response to which counter-affidavit.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.