Certificate related query – education and work during same period

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Certificate related query – education and work during same period

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Harijeet

Namaskar Sir

I was pursuing full-time MBA from 2016-2018. In 2017, my family financial situation worsened because of a significant medical adversity and it became necessary for me to join an employed service to support my family financially. I cleared IBPS-PO exam and joined a public sector bank in 2017. I did not attend lectures during my second year. I informed the same to my college authorities. I was allowed to appear for second year exams and subsequently I received paying certificate, marksheet and degree certificate. Currently I plan to appear for Central Government entrance exams [SSC etc.] and I publish research papers. How can I protect myself against allegations of fraud, misrepresentation or concealment of material information, where I mention my degree credentials [M.B.A 2016-2018] and it overlaps with my work experience [2017-]; [ex:- my research paper author credentials, application for Central Government entrance exam etc.]?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
      Harijeet

Harijeet

Sir
      I mistakenly wrote ‘paying’ certificate. Kindly, read it as passing certificate.

Regards
      Harijeet

If you are furnishing the correct information about your education and employment, then it may not be termed as a fraud. You have said that you had informed the college authorities for skipping the classes and despite this, they permitted you to appear in the examination. So, I think it should be alright if the college has officially permitted you to appear in examination without attending classes and if the rules permit it. There are many persons who study along with their employment.

The only grey area would be if your attendance was falsely shown in the college records even though you did not attend the classes, in order to enable you to appear in the examination. That can be objectionable.

However, if no such false attendance was shown and you had been permitted to appear in the examination despite not attending the classes, then it may not be a fraud. But, even in this situation, if a minimum attendance percentage was necessary (say 75%) and despite your having less attendance percentage, you were permitted by college to appear in examination, then it may be an issue for the college authorities to reply. You can also check whether the university / college has a rule to disqualify a person in such situation, when he was allowed to appear in examination without fulfilling the attendance conditions. Yet, it cannot be termed as a fraud if no falsification of records has taken place.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.