Case status of Special Leave Petition SLP in Supreme Court from Diary Number

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Case status of Special Leave Petition SLP in Supreme Court from Diary Number

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Sir,
      My advocate has filed one Special Leave Petition in Supreme Court on my behalf. He gave me a Diary No. for this filing. But, subsequently, he has not informed what happened to the case. My efforts to contact the advocate have been unsuccessful. How can I check online the case status of my SLP from the Diary No.?

When you file SLP in the Supreme Court, initially a Diary No. is given immediately after filing. This is only a temporary number. After that the SLP is checked for defects, if any. Your advocate is required to remove the defects, if any, pointed out by the registry of the Supreme Court. Once the defects of filing are removed, a regular SLP (Civil) or SLP (Criminal) number is given to the case, after which the case is listed before the court.

For checking the case status of the SLP, please the following web page:

http://courtnic.nic.in/supremecourt/casestatus_new/caseno_new_alt.asp

On that page, on the left side, you would see a vertical menu bar with a link called “Diary Number”. Click on this link.

On the next page that appears, input your Diary Number in the box provided for that purpose and also input the year (i.e., the year in which Diary No. was provided). Thereafter, click “Submit” button.

Now you will see the case status of the Diary Number provided by you.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.