Can I get time extended for filing rejoinder

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Can I get time extended for filing rejoinder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

If I have to file a rejoinder in court, can I get time extended for filing it? Will court allow more time?

It all depends on the facts of the case. The court has the power to extend time for filing of the rejoinder. You can make a request. If you have a genuine reason for extension of the time for filing the rejoinder, the court may allow it.

But, please also remember that it is not necessary always to file the rejoinder. If only there is a necessity to counter certain averments made in the counter-affidavit / written statement of the respondent / defendant, you should file the rejoinder; otherwise, it is not mandatory and there is no need to file it as a routine exercise.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.