Blackmail by sister in Law

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Blackmail by sister in Law

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      singh r k

Sir,
      My Younger brother had bad habits and used to ill treat my parents . He did court marriage in 2014 after which my parents evicted him from family by (1) printing a column in newspaper that we have no relation with him (2) by preparing a WILL saying after my parents death, I will be the owner of property . To get his share of property my brother used to threaten me and my parents.I live in seperate city from my hometown due to my job and was always in fear of safety of my parents. After sad demise of my father , he entered our house with his wife and threatened my mother , she called police and we also gave a written application to SP of city against my brother and his wife .Two days later , my circle “daroga ” , called my mother and my brother in law (he was helping us since I was not in city) and said that I and him had tried molesting and raping my brothers wife. She was acting as if the molesting incident had happened with her. Daroga had some understanding with my brother and his wife. Daroga threatened my mother and my brother in law that they will be jailed if the girl files a complain . Since we had never faced such a condition before and knew that this is a pure case of blackmailing and police is also helping the culprits for bribe , we got the matter settled by promising my brother to pay property worth 25 lacs.
      I need help such that legally what I can do to save me and my family in future if the girl again make some fake allegations against us.We came to terms since we knew that my brother is of criminal mindset and can harm my mother because of property dispute. But I fear that the girl is even more dangerous , they both may spend my father hard earned money in short time and they will again try to steal remaining property from us in future.
      We have not given them the share , what should be my legal options so that in future They cant harm us.
      Thank you.

It is difficult to suggest anything to you since I do not find any legal question in what you have asked. What you are asking is how to avoid future fake cases. Generally speaking, it is not easy to stop someone from filing a fake case or true case, whatever, in future. You may have to fight such case on merits. Take common-sense precautions of avoiding contact with them. Or, better still, try to settle the issue with them once and for all. But, it is difficult to find a sure-shot formula that can avoid any future case against oneself.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.