Approaching CAT for service in educational institution under MHRD

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Approaching CAT for service in educational institution under MHRD

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 10 months, 1 week ago.

  • Author
  • #3677

    Sir,I m working in an educational institution which is under MHRD. Can I approach CAT for service matters

  • #3679

    Jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) is provided under Section 14 of the Administrative Tribunals Act, 1985. A person working under the Central Government can directly approach the CAT for getting justice in service related matters.

    However, a Notification by the Central Government under Section 14(2) of the above Act is necessary to apply the jurisdiction of CAT to persons working under local or other authorities within the territory of India or under the control of the Government of India and to corporations or societies owned or controlled by Government (not being a local or other authority or corporation or society controlled or owned by a State Government).

    Therefore, you’ll have to check whether such a notification has been issued in respect of your educational institution which is under the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. You can check a list of such institutions which have been notified, at the website of CAT and this list is available at the following link:

    Try to find out whether your institution is listed in the above list.



    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments