Allowing advocate to cross-examine in a in-person case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Allowing advocate to cross-examine in a in-person case

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Since my brother has fraudulently created some documents and grabbed my share of property I have filed a civil suit and contesting my self as party in person. Now the case is coming up for cross examination of the defendant i.e my brother. As i am not interested to see his face for the harassment he meted out to me, can I give a temporary consent to any advocate to complete the cross examination? Suggest.

You may have to sign Vakalatnama in favour of the Advocate to enable him to conduct cross-examination on your behalf, if the case has so far been conducted by you in person.

Subsequently, if you want, you can discharge the Advocate from the case and start arguing the case yourself as in-person case.

But, you should transparently tell the advocate about this arrangement and should not keep him in dark.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.