Admitted for Regular Hearing in High Court

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Admitted for Regular Hearing in High Court

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hari

Sir, with due respect I would like to request you to let me know what is the meaning of “Admitted” for Regular hearing in Punjab and Haryana High Court

Brief facts
      Private Complaint filed against policemen u/s 193/342/363/420/466/467/468/471/120b/34

Trial Court summoned policemen u/s 193/363/342/120b of IPC

Session court set aside summoning order stating accused cannot be summoned u/s 193 in private complaint. Complainant argued that trial court wrongly summoned u/s 193 and you may please add 466/467/468/471/420 of IPC.

But he refused (for sure after taking illegal gratification) and set aside summon under other sections stating SANCTION u/s 197 of crpc.

And few days later he retired.

Bare persual of the order of Session Judge shows favorism.

Complainant challenged order in High Court and High Court “Admitted” the case on “Regular hearing”

In the interim order it is written “Admitted” and nothing else, no next date or nothing.

My query is what is this “Admitted” and “Regular Hearing”

How the case will proceed and hpw much time it may take?

Thanks
      Hari

“Admitted” would imply that the High Court has accepted your case for a detailed hearing on the basis of the merits of case. If the case is found unfit for hearing due to various reasons (such as no jurisdiction, frivolous case, etc.), the court may dismiss it at the initial stage itself, instead of “admitting” it. “Regular hearing” would imply that it would be heard on merits in detail.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.