This time, the Common Law Admission Test 2016 (CLAT-2016), for admission to the National Law Universities in India, is being conducted by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. The admission process will start with commencement of online application submission with effect from January 1, 2016. A notification was earlier released by RGNUL, Punjab regarding the examination dates and deadlines of CLAT 2016. This notification was released for the Under Graduate Programme (Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) Course) as well as the Post Graduate Programme (One Year LL.M. Course).
As per the notification, the Important Dates to be kept in mind by the students appearing for CLAT 2016 are:
Commencement of submission of Online Application of Form: 1st January 2016.
Last date for submission of duly filled Online Application Form: 31st March 2016(11.59 p.m.)
Date of the CLAT-2016 Online Examination: 8th May 2016(3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
The Eligibility criteria for the Under Graduate Programme (Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B.(Hons.) Course) is:
“Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of (i) Forty Five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/Specially abled persons categories and (ii) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category. A Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2016 is also eligible to apply.”
There is no age limit that is prescribed for CLAT-2016.
The Eligibility criteria for the Post Graduate Programme (One Year LL.M. Course) is,
“LL.B. or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks in the case of General/OBC/Specially abled persons categories and 50% in case of SC/ST category. A Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2016 is also eligible to apply.
Participating National Law Universities in CLAT-2016 are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- The West Bengal NU of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohiya NLU, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University, Odhisha, Cuttack
- National Law University of Study and research in Law, Ranchi
- NLU and Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
- The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Online Application fee for both the Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Programme is as follows:
- 4,000/- for General/OBC/ Specially abled Persons(SAP) candidates
- 3,500/- for SC/ST candidates
- Indian Nationals/NRIs seeking admission in either of the UG/PG courses must appear in CLAT-2016(Online Examination)
- Foreign Nations need not take the test.
- For Number of seats and reservation policy, visit the website of the respective NLUs.
- Application Fee is non-refundable.
- For more details, visit clat.ac.in
Powered by TG Facebook Comments