The Common Law Admission Test 2015 (CLAT 2015) will be held on 10 May 2015. The process for CLAT 2015 will start on 25 December 2014, when the First Admission Notification will be issued by the CLAT committee. The starting date for submission of the online application forms is 1st of January 2015. It is pertinent to point out that CLAT 2015 is being conducted by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
The last date for submission of the filled-in online application forms is 31 March 2015. The Admit Cards / Hall Tickets can be downloaded with effect from 15 April 2015. The CLAT 2015 examination, which will be conducted online this time, will be held on 10 May 2015. Declaration of the result, including the merit list, of the online examination will be made on 20 May 2015.
CLAT-2015 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January, 2015 and 31st March, 2015 along with the Brochure containing information. It may be pointed out that this time, no hard copy of the Application Form and Brochure will be sold.
This time, CLAT 2015 will be conducted for admission into the 5-year law courses of 16 National Law Universities (NLUs). These 16 NLUs are as under:
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National University, Lucknow
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
As is well known, NLU Delhi conducts its own separate examination for admission to its 5-year law course.
Eligibility: For being eligible to appear in CLAT 2015, a candidate should have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates), as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities. Moreover, a candidate should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, as prescribed by the respective Statutes of the participating Universities).
Pattern of the examination: CLAT 2015 will consist of an online examination for a duration of two hours, consisting of 200 marks, with a total of 200 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. The subject areas to be covered in this examination along with their weightage are as under:
|English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
More details about CLAT can be seen at its website: http://clat.ac.in/.
Powered by TG Facebook Comments