query for 138 NI act

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Criminal Law query for 138 NI act

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 3 days, 19 hours ago.

• Author

sir,
    i have filed case u/s 138 of NI act, court demanding marriage card before issuing summons to accused becoz i have mentioned in my complaint that i had given hand loan to accused for his marriage purpose . court wants me to prove this. now how can i prove i have no idea was there marriage took place or not . plz guide me what is necessary documents other than required documents.

Though it is difficult to advise you on facts of the case without actually going through all records, in general, in addition to the marriage invitation card, the marriage may also be proved by (1) marriage place booking; (2) marriage albums; (3) persons who have witnessed the marriage; (4) bridegroom and bride living together after the marriage; (5) marriage registration certificate; etc.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate, holds Ph.D. in Constitutional Law, and is author of 3 law books. He is the founder of this law portal. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his articles. List of his Forum Replies. Email: info@tilakmarg.com [Note: Free legal questions should be asked only at this Forum, and NOT at this email address.]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.