query for 138 NI act


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 1 year ago.

  • Author
  • #2335

    i have filed case u/s 138 of NI act, court demanding marriage card before issuing summons to accused becoz i have mentioned in my complaint that i had given hand loan to accused for his marriage purpose . court wants me to prove this. now how can i prove i have no idea was there marriage took place or not . plz guide me what is necessary documents other than required documents.

  • #2347

    Though it is difficult to advise you on facts of the case without actually going through all records, in general, in addition to the marriage invitation card, the marriage may also be proved by (1) marriage place booking; (2) marriage albums; (3) persons who have witnessed the marriage; (4) bridegroom and bride living together after the marriage; (5) marriage registration certificate; etc.


    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook Comments

[Note: These Facebook Comments are not monitored by Forum Editor. Hence, they may not be replied to. If you want to ask a free legal question, click here.]