My senior demanded bribe using my mobile phone and I am also made accused

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law My senior demanded bribe using my mobile phone and I am also made accused

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am a government servant. We were recently having recruitments in our department and so i am a member of the said recruitment committee. My superior one fine day asked for my phone saying that he wants to make a phone call as there is no network in his phone. He went and called one of the prospective candidate and demanded a bribe of Rs.10 Lac for recruitment. The agencies were snooping our phone calls and now I along with my senior are facing prosecution. I was not even aware of the said phone call that was made by my senior as he had gone to a different room and spoke there. Please help me out sir.

The fact that you are a member of the recruitment board and a phone call was made from your phone to a candidate demanding bribe, would make out a prima facie case of involving you in the conspiracy.

You’ll have to prove that you are innocent in the matter by showing that your phone was taken by your superior. Since the phone call has been taped by the agencies, as you have mentioned, the voice sample should show that it was not your voice but that of your superior, whom you may name during investigation so that his voice sample could also be collected. The prosecution evidence and other circumstances will have to be analysed in detail by you and/or your lawyer to show your innocence during trial. A person who is well aware of the detailed facts of the case can only comment further in your matter. Please consult some local lawyer.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR, charge, sanction under S. 13(1)(d) of PC Act but conviction under 13(1)(c)
Taking household expenses at one-third of income in disproportionate assets case
Section of Prevention of Corruption Act to book person giving bribe to employee?
Can Prevention of Corruption Act case be filed against retired public servant?