KINDLY SUGGEST ME WHETHER I CAN LODGE FIR AGAINST THE CONCERNED PSI

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law KINDLY SUGGEST ME WHETHER I CAN LODGE FIR AGAINST THE CONCERNED PSI

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I want to register FIR against Police under the following circumstances:
      1) My opponent person neighbor is having land dispute with me. And he managed the PSI and started pressing illegible with the help of PSI.
      2) I was constructing my house and police came to me at my home & forced me to stop the construction work saying that there is court order to stop the construction work of my house.
      3) Then I asked the PSI to give me the court order if court has order me for stopping construction work of my house.
      4) But the concerned PSI could not show the so called court order as he was cheating on the name of court order.
      5) After that it become clear to me that the concerned PSI making me simply fool as he was managed by my opponent person.
      6) Then I started video graphic of activities being done by police PSI and I started asking him (PSI) to show me the court order as above then PSI told that somebody else has asked PSI to come at my home & see that I stop the construction work.
      7) PSI said that my opponent person have asked him to visit my home.
      8) Then it become very clear to me that PSI came at my home without any order of court and even without any order of SP then I told PSI that whatever you said me at site is been recorder by my son video graphically and when PSI saw that video has been done he quickly left the site and went back to police station.
      9) Now I want to know whether I can lodge the FIR against concerned PSI or not if yes what action taken by court against him.

With thanks and accepting immediately response from your end.

If the Police Sub-Inspector is acting illegally, without any lawful powers, threatening you to stop work or is demanding any bribe, etc., then definitely you can file a complaint against him. If a cognizable offence is disclosed then you can try filing FIR with the concerned police station. Otherwise, if it is only a non-cognizable offence, or if it is cognizable offence but the police refuses to register FIR, then you file a direct private complaint in the Magistrate court having jurisdiction.

Offences committed would depend on the details facts and may include: criminal conspiracy, criminal intimidation (threats), demanding bribe (if any), etc. Please show the full details, including the video recorded by you, to some local lawyer to decide about the offences for which such complaint can be filed, since offences mentioned by me are only tentative and would depend on the actual facts.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Difference between the logo of Mumbai Police and Maharashtra Police
Police not filing charge sheet
Regarding right to privacy of accused during investigation, once FIR registered,
FIR or Magistrate - what is preferable when I have sufficient evidence