DOPT circular for transfer on spouse basis.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws DOPT circular for transfer on spouse basis.

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

What does it mean by “The spouse with longer service at station” means?
      For eg if wife has put 10 years of service and husband has put only 2 years of service, but husband is younger tHan wife and has more years to put in service. who will apply for transfer?

What has to be seen is who has longer service at a station. For example, let us suppose that the wife is at Delhi for 5 years and the husband is at Lucknow for 3 years. Then, here, the wife has a longer service at her station. So, she can make an application for her transfer to Lucknow (i.e., at her husband’s station) so that they can be posted at the same station. However, if her request cannot be acceded to on the basis of non-availability of vacant post, then the husband (who is the spouse with lesser service at his station) may apply to the appropriate cadre authority for his transfer to Delhi, which is the place of posting of his wife.

I hope it is clear. You may see my reply on a similar question (Husband and wife posted at different stations both being government servants) which discusses the provisions of the relevant Office Memorandum of the DOPT on the issue of posting husband wife at the same station to the extent possible.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What is the procedure to transfer a case from state police to CBI?
If employee transferred unreasonably to different office, can he come late?
Will Supreme Court withdraw case from JMFC court for clubbing with HC case?
Regarding transfer on spouse ground in Central govt