writ petitions are rejected by high court lucknow .

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law writ petitions are rejected by high court lucknow .

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

dear sir.once i filed a criminal writ petition in 419.420,467,468,471,406 IPC bt dismissed by high court after i filed in second writ petition bcoz the complainant give written statement in police superintendent with affidevit that i am innocent and dont want to any legal activities against me he is haste in larze F.I.R AGAINST ME bt investigation officer rejected his wrriten statement then complainant also file a 164 statement application in lower court that i m innocent and he dont want to any legal activity against me and HIS F.I.R. quashed against me .so again i file second writ to interim relife bt high court did not see my any ground and both writ are dismissed with 1000 cost.
      now plz help me sir what can i do.

If the case does not involve any public money and if the opposite party is willing to compromise the case and willing to withdraw the case, you could have filed a petition under Section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code for quashing of the FIR and/or the criminal proceedings on the basis of such compromise. If this was the petition that you have already filed, which you say has been dismissed, then you may have to approach the Supreme Court by filing a Special Leave Petition (SLP) against the decision of the High Court.

Second option is to file a discharge application after charge sheet is filed by the police, or to face the trial wherein if the opposite party does not make a statement against you, you may stand a better chance to get acquitted from the case.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?