Time limitation for review petitions in Supreme Court and High Court

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Time limitation for review petitions in Supreme Court and High Court

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

What r the time limitation to file review for dismissal of SLP at Supreme court and also at high court can i file review after 4-5 years after judgment.

Limitation period for filing a review petition in the Supreme Court against final order passed in an SLP is 30 (thirty) days.

Similarly, time period to file review petition in a High Court against its order, is also 30 days.

Delay of 4-5 years after the judgment means it is badly delayed for filing a review petition.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

So is there any hope or not
      My SLP in SC its not accepted and dismissed at its starting so what i can do now

I have some financial issues so i cant go further at that time
      Im very confused what Should i do now

My case related to civil suit (property matter)
      SC said – ORDINARY CIVIL MATTERS AND CASE DISMISSED

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What happens if the limitation period to report an offence has expired?
Validity of Appeal period in a divorce case
What is limitation to file appeal against the high court order on bail in SC?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?