Stop cheque

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Sir, Maine ek school 3 April ko rent par liya Tha aur nahi koi agreement banaya Tha oral me hi Tha aur Maine is school ke landowner ko 12 post dated cheque Diya Tha but 10 April ko school drop Kar Diya kyunki School ka cbse se registration nahi Tha aur o Mera cheque nahi de Rahe the jiske karn Maine cheque par 12 April ko cheque stop karwa diye the lekin o Mera cheque ko apne account me dal Kar cheque bounce karwa Rahe h plz sir bataye main Kya Kar….

One important requirement for making out a case of cheque bounce under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act is that the cheque should have been issued for the discharge of any debt or liability, either in full or in part. so the question that has to be seen in your case is whether that cheque has been issued by you for the discharge of any debt or liability on account of your having taken the school on rent.

In this regard, please note that even an oral agreement is also a valid agreement under the provisions of the Contract Act. Of course, it is more difficult to prove an oral agreement.

So, it has to be seen whether there was an agreement for a minimum  period for which you could not vacate the premises. If there was any such minimum period for which you could not vacate the premises then that much would be your liability under the agreement. If there was no such minimum requirement, then you don’t have any liability to the landowner.

Therefore, depending upon for how many minimum months the premises were required to be retained by you as per the agreement, the cheques for those many months would be representing the liability. Accordingly, dishonour of the cheques for those many months may perhaps attract offence under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, if other conditions under that section are satisfied.

As mentioned above, if there was no minimum requirement for not vacating the premises, then there would not be any cheque bounce case in respect of any of the cheques.

For your convenience, I am reproducing an approximate Hindi translation of the reply:

नेगोशिएबल इंस्ट्रूमेंट्स एक्ट की धारा 138 के तहत चेक बाउंस का मामला बनाने के लिए एक महत्वपूर्ण आवश्यकता यह है कि चेक किसी भी ऋण या देनदारी के निर्वहन के लिए जारी किया गया हो, चाहे वह पूर्ण या आंशिक रूप में हो। इसलिए आपके मामले में यह सवाल है कि क्या आपके द्वारा  किराए पर स्कूल लेने के कारण किसी भी ऋण या देनदारी के निर्गम के लिए यह चेक जारी किया गया है या नहीं।

इस संबंध में, कृपया ध्यान दें कि कॉन्ट्रैक्ट एक्ट  के प्रावधानों के तहत मौखिक करार भी एक मान्य समझौता है। बेशक, मौखिक समझौते को साबित करना अधिक कठिन है।

इसलिए, यह देखना होगा कि क्या न्यूनतम अवधि के लिए कोई समझौता किया गया था, जिसके लिए आप परिसर खाली नहीं कर सकते । अगर ऐसी कोई न्यूनतम अवधि थी जिसके लिए आप परिसर खाली नहीं कर सकते तो समझौते के तहत आपकी ज़िम्मेदारी उस अवधि के लिए होगी। यदि ऐसी कोई न्यूनतम आवश्यकता नहीं थी, तो आप पर लैंड-ओनर के लिए कोई देयता नहीं है।

इसलिए, समझौते के अनुसार आपके द्वारा कितने न्यूनतम महीने परिसर को किराये पर रखने के लिए आवश्यक थे, उन सभी महीनों के लिए चेक देयता का प्रतिनिधित्व करेंगे। तदनुसार, उन महीनों के चेक के dishonour से शायद नेगोशिएबल इंस्ट्रूमेंट्स एक्ट  की धारा 138 के तहत अपराध बनता हो, अगर उस धारा के तहत अन्य शर्तों को संतुष्ट किया गया हो।

जैसा कि ऊपर उल्लेख किया गया है, अगर परिसर को खाली न करने के लिए न्यूनतम आवश्यकता नहीं थी, तो किसी चेक के संबंध में कोई चेक बाउंस केस नहीं होगा।

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Maine sir cheque par land owner ka name nahi likha Tha .. o blank Tha …school se jo v income aaya Tha sab unko de Diya. Uske badh v o aisa Kar Rahe h. Jab Maine school drop liya Tha to unko email se v inform Kar Diya Tha. Or cheque stop wale receiving par unse receive karya Tha .14 April 2017 ko o cheque stop wale paper par unse receiving karya Tha. Uska ek receiveing copy mere pass h

Mere pass unka video recording v h jisme o humse cheque liye h or humko school rent par diye h is recording me ye v h ki o bol Rahe h ki school aap kavi drop Kar denge or Mera cheque v return Kar denge..

School rent par lete samay bole the ki hum kabhi v school drop Kar sakte h…
      Unhone bola Tha ki school cbse se registration h..o fake registration paper dika Kar school humko diye the . Humko 9 April ko pata Chala ki registration fake h.. usi samay se school drop karne ke liye bol Raha Tha phir v o Mera cheque nahi diye.

You mean to say that there was no minimum period required for retaining the school on rent. So, you can take all these defences, as I have suggested in the main reply.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Video recording proof ho sakte h ya nahi…

Jo mere pass h

Yes. Video recording is an electronic document, which can be proved either by producing the original or by its copy produced in accordance with procedure laid down in Section 65-B of the Evidence Act.     

O leagal notice humko de Rahe h o notice me 15 day me replay karna tha.usi beach me o Mera 2 cheque bank me dal kar bounce karwa diye h jab ki reply me Maine o sari bate or vedio recording ke bare me v Bata Diya ..

Sir ek bat or thi ki O school humse v pahle Kisi aur se agreement kiye hue the ..usa agreement October 2017 me end ho Raha h. Ye bat ko v humko o nahi bataye the Jo agreement kiye hue Tha o may me school par aakar unse fight Kiya tab ja Kar humko pata chala

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dishonor of cheque for which the liability is cleared by other payment mode
Cheque bounce case under 138 NI act - Interim Relief of 20%
The drawer has given stop payment and also is denying the signature on the check
What are the stages of trial of a case U/s 138 of NI Act?