Recruitment of PDO in Karnataka – answers to question in exam revised

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Recruitment of PDO in Karnataka – answers to question in exam revised

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Dear sir
      In sept 2016 there was adverstisment for the panchayat development officers post. I have applied to it and final merit list was announced on may 2017 and i got 310 marks and about to be selected. Some people approched to karnataka administrative court and challenged the key answers. And court disposed off the case ordering The examinatiin commission to form a expert committee and redo the merit list on september 29, 2017.
      The Commission has revised the key answers partially and anounced it on october 20, 2017
      The examination Commission has revised only 3 questions which affected my candidature. And i was thrown out of merit list.
      I wanted to challenge few questions. Could i go directly to high court or should i go to karnataka administrative Tribunal?
      Already few students went to karnataka administrative Tribunal and their case was rejected.
      Kindly guide me sir.
      If i could fo to high court directly then suggest me the way of filing writ or petition.
      Still verification of documents is going on. No provisional nor final selection list is anounced.
      Kindly guide me regarding this.

Since the order leading to decision to revise the questions in the examination for recruitment to the post of PDO was passed by the Karnataka Administrative Tribunal, you’ll have to challenge its decision by filing a writ petition in the Karnataka High Court under Article 226 of the Constitution.

It may be advisable for you to engage some local lawyer in Bangalore, though it is not mandatory and you can file the writ in person also. Obtain a copy of the order of the tribunal, and explain the grounds in detail as to how the revision of the answers was not correct or whatever other grounds you have.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.