ICT (inter Commissionerate transfer) on spouse ground in CBEC

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws ICT (inter Commissionerate transfer) on spouse ground in CBEC

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Currently I’m working as Central tax Inspector (CGST Inspector) in Mumbai zone. I’m intended to marry with a girl.she is lecturer in Govt. Girls Inter College in Agra, UP (which comes under state government)

However CBEC has banned transfer according to RR 2016.

Can I got transfer on spouse background ???

Kindly share your views along with relevant rules and circulars also on my mail-id.

I have already replied to a similar question, which is available at the link: Husband and wife posted at different stations both being government servants. Please read that and it would mostly cover your question.

In the above reply, I have given link to the instructions issued vide Office Memorandum F. NO. 28034/9/2009-Estt.(A) dated the 30th September, 2009 by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training). In the said O.M., the relevant part of the instructions (in addition to the general instruction therein) are as under:

“(vii) Where one spouse is employed under the Central Govt. and the other spouse is employed under the state Govt.:-

The spouse employed under the Central Govt. may apply to the competent authority and the competent authority may post the said officer to the station or if there is no post in that station to the State where the other spouse is posted.”

These instructions lay down that all possible care should be taken to ensure that husband and wife working in Government service are posted to the same station.

You may also check the relevant instructions of the concerned State Government by making enquiries with them or by locating them online.

However, you should keep in mind that while the Government may make its best possible efforts to post husband and wife at the same station, it may not be possible always throughout your service tenure of 30-35 years due to various reasons. It also depends on the nature of service of husband and wife.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.