Hindu boy marrying Muslim girl, parent took her back, what to do?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Family Law Hindu boy marrying Muslim girl, parent took her back, what to do?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I (being Hindu) got married with Muslim girl we are happy but few days back their parents and myne came to me and taken her back to their home.We married in Aarya Samaz and Certificate has taken from Register office too.Now her parents changed her an now she is saying that she don’t want to come back.But I know that she is suppressed by her parents.I want to get her back.Please help me with the ideas.

Now they are asking me to sign on the petition papers if I refused that in front of court is that possible to get back her again please help to get back her.

Thank you

In the absence of full facts given by you, it is hoped that your marriage is a legally valid marriage and is property registered with the Registrar of Marriages office. I am writing so, because the Arya Marriage Validation Act, 1937, validates marriage between two “Arya Samajists” even if prior to such marriage they were from a religion other than Hinduism. But, they should have been “Arya Samajists” at the time of marriage. I hope this condition was satisfied for the marriage to be valid. Secondly, it is not clear where the marriage is registered and under which Act or law, since you have merely mentioned Registrar office.

In any case, presuming that your marriage is valid, if your wife is refusing to come back to reside with you, in that case you can file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights in the appropriate court, which appears to be district court in this case, from the facts mentioned by you.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Family Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.