FIR lodged against me or not?

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law FIR lodged against me or not?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

hello sir,
      9 years ago i was in college, and a girl who was daughter of a reputed inspector, complaint his father that i do tease (molest/छेड़छाड़) with her, however i was not guilty. i don’t know what her father did then, but superintendent police came in my college to arrest me, fortunately i was not in my college and he met a professor of my college. the professor said to him that he can go, and i (means the professor) will handle the rest of the case. probably the professor also suggested him to close the case/matter.
      in my life:-
      1. i never went jail, in these 9 years police has not recorded any statement from me, nor any signature.
      2. any court case against me also didn’t came.
      sir after 9 years of many misfortunes, i succeeded in government job for data entry. but inside in my heart i am worried about that case, that i will fail in police verification.
      kindly suggest me something.
      do i need to mention that incidence in attestation form or police verification form?
      thank you very much.

You have to mention it only if there was an FIR or any court case registered against you in that incident. From what you have written, and from the fact that the incident is 9 years old and nothing has happened so far, it appears that no FIR would perhaps have been registered against you. If you want to be doubly sure, you can verify from the police station records of the police station within whose jurisdiction that place / college falls.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.