Excess amount of pension being credited by bank for defence pensioner

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Excess amount of pension being credited by bank for defence pensioner

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Ashok Dhamija Sir, I am a Def pensioner. My banker is crediting excess amount of pension in my A/C and also deducting TDS. I have informed THIS fact to my CPPC THRU several emails but they have not stopped this practice. This is a clear cut fault of the bank. So I want to know who will be responsible for this TDS tommarow on detection of fault.

First, please make sure that you are in fact being paid excess pension than is admissible to you under the rules. It should not happen that your own calculations are wrong.

Second, instead of depending only on the emails, you should also send written letters by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due to the bank as well as to the Pension Authorities. If possible, you can meet the authorities.

If the pension is being paid in excess than as permissible under the rules, sooner or later a recovery may be made. So, you should keep the excess amount ready for being paid back, if any demand thereof is made in future.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased