Cheque Dishonoured

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Civil Law Cheque Dishonoured

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 2 months ago.

  • Author
  • #1292

    I received a legal notice pertaining to cheque bounce for which i was required to pay due amount with in 15 days or face legal issues. But even after paying the amount with in due date i am receiving calls from company or third party sources . What should i do ? What are my options ?

  • #1297

    Receiving calls on which issue? On payment of the cheque amount? If yes, simply tell them that you have already paid.

    If you have now paid the amount of the cheque which had bounced, then no case could be filed on the basis of that cheque; and, if such case is still filed, you can always furnish details to the court of your payment already made and get the case quashed.     

    Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate, holds Ph.D. in Constitutional Law, and is author of 3 law books. He is the founder of this law portal. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his articles. List of his Forum Replies. Email: [Note: Free legal questions should be asked only at this Forum, and NOT at this email address.]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.