Ask free question on law-related issues:
Please read the following guidelines before posting a question.
(1) Your legal questions are replied by our experts in a pro bono manner with a view to help people, subject to availability of time and also subject to the level of expertise in the legal field to which the question relates. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that all questions would be answered.
(2) Please have patience after submitting your question, and do not repeat the question again and again and do not send any email reminders. We may be compelled to block a user who does not follow these guidelines.
(3) Please appreciate that what is being given is free legal help, without charging any fee, whatsoever. Of course, it goes without saying that to the best of capabilities, efforts are made to render correct legal advice, even though it is a pro bono advice. However, if you are not satisfied with the advice, you are free to ignore it. In fact, even if you appear to be satisfied with the reply given, you should consult some competent lawyer by showing your detailed case papers before relying upon the advice given in the reply.
(4) In view of what is mentioned in above para, if you are not satisfied with our reply, please simply ignore it and move ahead. You deserve much more than what we can offer with our limited knowledge, and therefore, please search for some place or person who can satisfy you. But, please allow us to use our limited time to help needy people instead of wasting our time indulging in unnecessary arguments with you which we cannot hope to win. We know that you may know much more than us, but then, this forum is not meant for people of your calibre. This public forum is meant for those who are in need of some legal help, and not for any unnecessary arguments or one-upmanship. Please note that any impolite, discourteous or improper behaviour may lead to blocking of the user for further questions and the existing questions / answers of such user may also be deleted and/or further replies may be disabled.
(5) What is replied here is “legal” questions or questions of “law”, and NOT detailed questions of “facts”. So, questions with detailed facts may not be answered, for which, in fact, it is in your own interests to contact some local lawyer who can study all relevant facts with the help of your detailed case papers (which is beyond the scope of this public forum). At the same time, please also note that an academic question of law may also not be replied to, as this forum is meant to help those with practical problems and not those with academic queries.
(6) Please try to keep the facts to the bare minimum, necessary to explain the legal question. Do not provide lengthy facts. As mentioned above, questions with lengthy facts will not be replied.
(7) Any answers given, along with the question, are automatically published on this website and would thus be publicly visible to all. This is to benefit other members of public who may have similar questions. Therefore, please do not include your personal details that can identify you if you have privacy concerns about your legal question. In fact, if you have some privacy concerns, it is advisable that you should not ask your question in a public forum like this.
(8) Since the answers given here are generally based on the limited facts made available in the questions asked, sometimes the answers given may not be full and accurate. Therefore, you should always consult some local lawyer personally by showing your detailed case papers. No responsibility is accepted for the answers given here, which are being provided in good faith in a pro bono manner.
Login for asking question:
Login with your Facebook or Twitter or Gmail / Google account to ask a question or to reply to a question (no need to register). You can directly login through your Facebook or Twitter or Gmail account.
Provide following details in the question form shown below (question form will appear after you login): (1) Topic Title; (2) Type your question in detail; (3) Select Forum from the list of Forums, relating to the branch of law that is most appropriate for your question; (4) Select whether you want to be notified of replies to your question by email; and (5) Click Submit button.