Khaitan & Co. in collaboration with Gujarat National Law University Centre for corporate and competition is organising a research writing competition, 2015. The objective of this competition is to enable students to express their views and to research on mergers and acquisitions and the recent developments are taking place in India and across the globe.
Research writing is distinct in approach and technique. The information describes the various stages of research writing and offers suggestions for approaching it. Major elements to be covered under Research Writing are: Analysis of the theme, argument on legal issues & development, argument on issues in fact and in depth research etc.
The writers have to mention essentially the following four points in the Research Writing:
- Research Problem
- Two central research questions
- Research findings.
In order to take part in this competition, the participant shall be a student studying in a law school pursuing either LL.B. (3 years or 5 years course) or LL.M. (1 year or 2 years course).
The topics for the research writing competition are:
- Due Diligence in M&A
- Takeover and Regulatory Issues in India
- Banking Mergers
- Competition Issues in M&A
- Cross Border Mergers
Format and rules for submission:
- Research paper document:
- Font : Times New Roman
- Font Size : 12
- Line Spacing : 1.5
- Margins :1” or 2.54 cm on all sides
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 10
- Line Spacing: 1
- Citation Style to be followed: OSCOLA4th Edition Format style available here http://www.law.ox.ac.uk/published/
- Word Limit (Excluding footnotes):
- Minimum Word Limit: 4000 words
- Maximum Word Limit: 6000 Words
- Research writing can be authored by only one participant.
- Multiple entries by the same author are not permitted.
- The Research Writing submitted shall be the property of Gujarat National Law University.
- Format of sending the soft copy of the research writing: ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ only.
- A scanned copy of the college/university ID card in which the participant is pursuing the law degree should be attached along with the research writing.
- The participants are required to send in the following details in a separate word document along with the research writing and covering letter:
- Name of the College/Institute/University:
- Programme Enrolled & Year of Enrollment:
- Email Id:
- Contact Number:
- Marking Criteria:
All the entries will be evaluated by the panel of judges. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Contents: 40
- Research Quality: 25
- Analysis/ Interpretation: 20
- Writing Skills: 15
- Total 100
The prizes of the competition are:
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 6,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
Participation certificates will be given all the participants.
Last submission of the Research Writing is 15 December 2015. Results would be declared on 30th January 2016.
Click here to download the information brochure.
Click here to download the Registration Form.
For queries/clarifications and further information you can contact Mr. Abhay Lunia on +918128650832 and mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by TG Facebook Comments