Validity of a WILL

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      singh r k

Sir,
      My parents named me in their WILL and no other person from my siblings.I have a younger brother . Now my mother wants to give younger brother his share , one land and some cash as his share from property, which is 1/3rd of total property. All property is in name of my mother. We all siblings agreed to this . Does she need to change the will . Does the WILL is still valid that all property after my parents is mine. Can my brother claim share in property in future.Reason behind giving brother his share even my parents doesn’t named him in the will is that he is of criminal background and after involving in some dispute with us he has agreed that he will keep out from us after receiveing his share. I wish to know that is the WILL of my parents remains valid even my mother give share of property to my brother .Can he claim from remaining property (2/3rd) legally in future.
      Thank you.

Did your parents make a joint will? What were the terms in that will?      

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.