Use of phone recording as evidence against a lady using unparliamentary language

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Use of phone recording as evidence against a lady using unparliamentary language

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      SHARMA

My mother framed us in a false u/s 420 and she is about 65 years old lady. By nature she is in nature of abusing and doing man like things i.e. using filthy words and manhandling. She called me before FIR and started abusing me and herself. She used full punjabi filthy words for herself and even threatening us. Now the stage of case is 313 statement by us. I want to know that whether I can use these phone recording as evidence against her. In this way I can show her real face even in this age. But my lawyer is reluctant in this matter. Please advise us how can we use these evidences?

Whether or not it is advisable to use such phone recordings in defence in the facts and circumstances of your case, is something that only your lawyer can tell who would have seen the nature of the charges and the nature of the evidence on record and also the requirements of the case.

But, from legal point of view, phone recordings are admissible in evidence. They can be submitted in court either in original (i.e., primary evidence) or through their copies by following procedure laid down in Section 65-B of the Evidence Act.

You can search this website (Tilak Marg) for expressions such as “electronic evidence” or “65-B” to read more on similar issues.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What can be done and what cannot be in a cross-examination?
Can a mobile phone screenshot be accepted as legal evidence in a case in India?
THE INDIAN EVIDENCE ACT - 2st Question
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet