Threat of misuse of Section 354 IPC by woman employee

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Threat of misuse of Section 354 IPC by woman employee

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have a small company with 12 employees. One woman employee had joined my company as a clerk about 3 months back. She is continuously threatening me that she would file a Section 354 IPC case of molestation against me and under this threat she is blackmailing me to make her permanent employee and increase her salary. She wants to file a false complaint since no incident has taken place. She is threatening now for last one month. How can I handle this situation? Please advise me.

Firstly, it is not understood whether you do some background check before employing a person. Usually, a woman employee would not complain like this in the very beginning of her job. There may have been some incident, knowingly or unknowingly which she might have noticed but you might not have noticed. Try first to discuss with her and see what her grievance is and try to solve her problem amicably. If it is necessary, and if you find that she is a complete nuisance and without any reason she is threatening you, you may consider putting an end to her employment to avoid future problems since a person who threatens or blackmails others without a reason cannot be good for the work discipline.

You should have CCTV in your office covering all vulnerable areas. Let it record all events in your office. Secondly, if the woman employee threatens you or blackmails you, it can also be recorded in CCTV or otherwise. Take some other senior employees of the office, preferably woman employees, in confidence about this incident and discuss the issue with them to find out some proper solution. Keep proper office record of the work done by her in an unobtrusive manner. If needed, you may even inform the police about her threats of Section 354 IPC.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Suicide, Abetment and Attempt to Suicide
what is equivalent of innocence till proven guilty mandate/dictum in india?
sign on blank 50rs stamp paper in 2013
No call details record of complainant in the FIR/ charge sheet