Termination Of Service In CPSU.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws Termination Of Service In CPSU.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi All,
      I was appointed as Class 2 officer in a leading Public Sector Insurance Corporation. I was Intially on Training for 6 months . However I fell ill due to jaundice and remained under recovery for nearly three months. After that, I resumed my duties and submitted the medical fitness certificate and kept working for nearly six months . In dec 2016, I received a letter from the Corpoartion that my services have been terminated. The reason mentioned was that after my illness I abandon the service. However , that was not true as I had resumed my service after recovery from my illness. I had also filed an RTI and have the certified copies of attendence register with me. Moreover, I was not paid the salary during this period. Interestingly, the Authorities have filed a Caveat Petition against me in Jammu High Court so that I may not get immediate relief. Since, I am not in the position of hiring a lawyer, Can someone suggest me the appropriate remedies in this regard. (Remember, I am going to appear as Petitioner-in-person)

You may have to challenge it the appropriate court or tribunal since you claim that the PSU has wrongly terminated your services.

You may have to confirm some local lawyer in your state as to whether the case would be within the jurisdiction of the high court, district court or some tribunal (such as Central Administrative Tribunal). It is not possible for us to answer this query which is specific to your state.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.