Supreme Court SLP Status – There are No Further Orders of Listing -What it means

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Supreme Court SLP Status – There are No Further Orders of Listing -What it means

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have been checking the status of my SLP – special leave petition filed in supreme court on the supreme court website on case status. For last 2 months, the status of the case under Listing Details shows “There are No Further Orders of Listing”. What does it mean? Does it mean that no more listing will be done? Has the case been disposed of? My advocate on record is not responding to my queries and I am worried.

If the status of a case (such as a Special Leave Petition or SLP) pending in Supreme Court under “Listing Details” shows “There are No Further Orders of Listing”, this basically implies that no specific further date of hearing has yet been notified. This means that the case will be listed on a future date, but the next date is yet to be fixed. This does not mean that the case has been disposed of or dismissed. In fact, when the Listing Details show “There are No Further Orders of Listing”, then the status of the case would be shown as “Pending”. This would clearly show that the case is still pending, and not disposed of.

If a particular case has already been disposed of, the status of that case would clearly show as the case having been disposed of.

So, you should not worry and contact your advocate on record to know the next date of hearing as and when the next date is notified.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.