summary trial after suspension

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Service and Labour Laws summary trial after suspension

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I was suspend on 27 February and my headquater was changed. On 1st April enquiry team conducted summary trial. No charge sheet was given neither no intimation for further extention of suspension after expiry of 90 days was produced. 155 days are over. Kindly suggest me what to do further. Can I file petition in high Court dehli after the expiry of180 days.? Kindly suggest me…. with thanks

It is not clear under which Government or PSU you are working. Recently, the Supreme Court had held that Suspension order not to extend beyond 3 months if charge-sheet is not served. The Central Government had also issued similar orders directing that suspension shall not extend beyond 3 months if charge sheet is not served. However, it is not clear whether you are working with Central Government.

If the rules of your organisation require renewal of suspension after first 90 days of suspension after reviewing it, and if your suspension has not been reviewed after 90 days’ period, then you should challenge it in the appropriate court; it may be Delhi high court or may be the tribunal, depending on where you work. In such situation, you need not even wait for 180 days.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Revocation of suspension continuing for one year with no chargesheet
Suspension for 3 years without chargesheet and without extension of suspension
SUBSISTENCE ALLOWANCE NOT PAID - can departmental enquiry proceed?
How can suspended person get 75% subsistence allowance 2 years after suspension?