Starting law practice as advocate again after gap of several years

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Starting law practice as advocate again after gap of several years

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Sir, I am an advocate (having registered with bar council of MP and practised at GWALIOR) but left the law practice since 2001. Since then I had no contact with my bar council. Can I start law practice again? If not what other option for me in this field.

If you had suspended your advocate practice by writing to your State Bar Council, then you can apply to the Bar Council for resumption of your practice. Once the Bar Council permits you to resume your law practice, you can start your practice afresh.

On the other hand, if you had not suspended your practice, then you can simply start your practice again.

However, if you had cancelled your registration / enrolment as an advocate, then you may have to enrol with the State Bar Council afresh to start your practice.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Cheque bounce - want to fight own case by discontinuing advocate
Inaction by Chief Judicial Magistrate for forcing to engage lawyer
Can an arrested person be enrolled as Advocate in U.P. Bar Council
For starting law firm of partners, is it necessary that both partners be lawyers