SLP rejected in SC by non speaking order.

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law SLP rejected in SC by non speaking order.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Respected sir my SLP against judgement of high court has been dismissed by SC
      By saying – ordinary civil matters and case dismissed
      I know about review petition but as u said after 4-5 year its badly time for review what i can do now can file review am I eligible or not

I have some financial issues at that time
      But now want to fight against the judgement

Can u suggest me a good path how and wer i can go
      My case is related to civil matter(property)

As I have already replied to you in Time limitation for review petitions in Supreme Court and High Court, it may not be possible to file a review petition after a delay of 4-5 years. Even if you file such review petition along with an application for condonation of delay, it is likely to be rejected. Moreover, you will have to explain as to why there is such a huge delay of 4-5 years, when the limitation period was only 30 days.

Still if you have money to spare, and if you want to take a chance, you can try it. But, as I mentioned earlier, there is hardly any chance of success. On the other hand, sometimes, the court may impose costs for such a matter. In fact, the chance of success even in a timely review petition is itself very limited, and in your case there a huge delay also. But, it is up to you if you want to spend money by taking a chance with very little probability of success. You may contact some good lawyer and get it done.

Once the Supreme Court has rejected the SLP, the only possibilities are review petition and curative petition. However, curative petition is filed after the rejection of the review petition and the chances of success in curative petition are further less. Since there is no review petition from you till date, you cannot file a curative petition at this stage.

There is no other remedy in such a situation when the SLP was dismissed 4-5 years back.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

What happens if the limitation period to report an offence has expired?
Validity of Appeal period in a divorce case
What is limitation to file appeal against the high court order on bail in SC?
Limitation for appeal in High Court against acquittal of accused by Sessions Court?