SLP listing for hearing after notice

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others SLP listing for hearing after notice

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My slp civil is of year 2015 filed in july 2015 is not getting listed for hearing in after notice stage for admission whereas i see many matters in the same stage of year 2017 or 2016 getting listed. something wrong with the new software ? or should i claim benefit under ladies and senior citizen category not claimed during filing ?

It is generally not possible to compare the listings of two different SLPs. Generally, after notice is issued, the SLP is listed before the Registrar court for service on respondents and completion of the pleadings (replies), which is some cases take one or two years or even more. So, it may appear that the SLP is being listed again and again. Then, in some SLPs, the issue may be urgent or small issue. Sometimes, the advocate concerned would mention the case before the court for early hearing giving justifiable reasons.

If you check the SC website, you may find several SLPs which may be much older than your SLP also. I am myself having SLPs which are much older than yours. So, it all depends on the facts of each case.

If you feel that your case is of urgent nature and needs early hearing or is being unduly delayed, then your advocate can mention the case before the court for an early hearing. If you can justify an early hearing, the court may allow it.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.