RTI for High court order on bail application

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law RTI for High court order on bail application

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

our person is accused with section 22/61/85 NDPS and taken for one month custody after one month court given bail.now this year(after) lower court issue NBW against the person and we apply for bail application in high court ,High court dismissed the application after in 4th date without any order or any reason. now 75 days are passed and our person is in custody we don’t have any idea what to do. can we apply for RTI why high court reject bail application. Pls pls respond for this .we already spent lot of money for this nothing happened. in high court lawyer are debating good what we need third person idea for this whole scenario.I shall we very thankful for your support.

You have said that the high court has rejected the bail application without giving any reasons. And, to find out the reasons for rejection of bail by high court, you want to file RTI application. I am sorry. For getting the reasons in a judicial order (when the order itself mentioned none), you cannot file RTI application. It would not be permissible. The Right to Information Act permits seeking of “information”, which means that this information must be available in one form or another with the concerned authority. You are seeking the “reasons” when no reasons exist in the order concerned. This may not be permissible.

You may also see a related detailed reply given by me earlier on a similar issue: Can I make an RTI Application for getting judicial records from a court?

With regard to your second question as to the action that you can take after rejection of bail application by high court. Please note that you can file a Special Leave Petition (SLP) before the Supreme Court challenging the order of the high court. Second option is to wait for some reasonable time (say, at least about 5-6 months) or some other change in circumstances (such as, for example, filing of charge sheet if it was not done already; or, completion of examination of important witnesses during trial) and apply afresh for bail again in the trial court and if need be, to approach high court again (after fresh trial court order) for bail.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Circumstances change in a bail order
BAIL AFTER UPHOLDING VERDICT OF TRIAL COURT BY HC
What documents can be procured from court for applying a bail?
Cancellation of Bail by Sessions Court when bail was granted by High Court