revokation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Sir, a case was registered by ACB on 4-1-2016 on trap i was not red handed the complaint was on me and the ACB lodged a complaint that i accepted the bribe through jr.assistant and i was suspended and after two months on 4-3-2016 assets case was booked on me but i was nor arrested in this nor i was suspended in the assets case i was only suspended in the trap case. in the review meeting after 90 days they say that we cannot reinstate becoz assets case has not completed 6 months. my question is sir i was nor suspended or arrested in the assets . then how can they reject me. and also final report on the trap also came i was not involved in it. even though i am still in suspension. can i approach the court of law

You can definitely approach the court if the suspension is continued on wrong grounds. But, be aware that, if there is sufficient evidence in assets case and if it is charge sheeted, the authority concerned may pass suspension order in that case separately if you succeed in revocation of present suspension.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

but sir in the assets case also they added by mother properties and my wife properties to me my mother is family pensioner and substianlly rental income every month and also sir the investigating officer has served me notice in this case also i have given reply to him then still there is chance for continuation of suspension sir becoz both cases i have given reply and one case final report also came .

It is a matter of detailed evidence in a particular individual case whether the assets of near relatives can or cannot be included in the assets of the accused public servant. If it done, then the income of these relatives is also included in the income of the accused. As far legal provision under Section 13(1)(e) of the PC Act is concerned (which defines the offence of disproportionate assets), the assets of other persons can be included in the assets of public servant, if it can be proved that any other person was holding such assets on behalf of the public servant. Relevant part of this section is as under:

“…if he or any person on his behalf, is in possession or has, at any time during the period of his office, been in possession for which the public servant cannot satisfactorily account, of pecuniary resources or property disproportionate to his known sources of income.”

So, it is a matter of evidence which cannot be discussed on this forum. You may have to consult some lawyer on this issue by showing the relevant documents.

As regards, whether the suspension can be continued or ordered afresh in the assets case, I had merely pointed out that the authority may do so. Whether the authority will actually do so or not, is an issue that is within the authority’s discretion and I cannot comment about that. In any case, you can challenge the suspension in appropriate court / tribunal.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.