Removal from service

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      amarswamy

Sir, I got selected to CISF constable in 2003 and in 2006 june i went for leave and didn’t go back in 2008 one constable came and took a resignation letter from me and next month i got letter from the cisf as removal from service.
      In between i got many letters from the organisation to report but i didnt reported and also i got letters regarding departmental enquiry, but did’nt attended to any enquiry meeting.
      Now, i want to know if i can rejoin the duties after these several years. If not they gave me the removal from service letter can i challenge it
      Thank you sir,
      B.Amar swamy

It is not quite clear from your question as to whether your resignation was accepted or you were removed from service as a penalty after departmental enquiry for default of long absence from duty. You should try to check it from your department.

If it was resignation, then there is no chance since you submitted the resignation in 2008. Generally, you cannot withdraw the resignation after 3 months. But, in your case, already 10 years have lapsed.

If it is a removal from service as a penalty after departmental enquiry, you may have to check from the department about the date of the order of removal from service. If the order was issued in 2008, then it would be too late now to challenge it; though you can still try to challenge it along with an application for condonation of delay, but the chances of success after such long delay are very less. But, if the order of removal was issued recently, say in last one year, then you should be in a position to challenge it.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Service and Labour Laws’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal)
Can we stop retirement benefits to charge sheet issued just before retirement
Case is pending in CBI court, departmental penalty given
Departmental Enquiry - How to conduct when employee in jail