Registration of fir

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Criminal Law Registration of fir

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 3 days, 19 hours ago.

• Author

I have lodged police complaint with copy of forged will submitted in company tribunal and pvt handwriting expert report thru an advocate in police station having territorial jurisdiction of company tribunal .
    Complaint has been registered and After meeting inquiry officer it appears he seems not inclined to take further action .
    Can he refuse on ground of case proceeding with tribunal or accused live in other state . My lawyer says wait for 2 to 3 weeks and then file 156 -3 .
    As per law , I presume atleast he should do preliminary inquiry and he should record reason for delay or closing complaint .kindly guide me .

If a forged document has been filed before the National Company Law Tribunal, it may amount to the offence of perjury. This Tribunal has the power to conduct inquiry under Section 340 Cr.P.C. into the same and make a complaint to the criminal court having jurisdiction to try such offence of perjury. So, you may try that route in consultation with your lawyer (since you already have a lawyer and it is his duty to guide you in this regard).

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate, holds Ph.D. in Constitutional Law, and is author of 3 law books. He is the founder of this law portal. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his articles. List of his Forum Replies. Email: info@tilakmarg.com [Note: Free legal questions should be asked only at this Forum, and NOT at this email address.]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.