Registration of fir

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have lodged police complaint with copy of forged will submitted in company tribunal and pvt handwriting expert report thru an advocate in police station having territorial jurisdiction of company tribunal .
      Complaint has been registered and After meeting inquiry officer it appears he seems not inclined to take further action .
      Can he refuse on ground of case proceeding with tribunal or accused live in other state . My lawyer says wait for 2 to 3 weeks and then file 156 -3 .
      As per law , I presume atleast he should do preliminary inquiry and he should record reason for delay or closing complaint .kindly guide me .

If a forged document has been filed before the National Company Law Tribunal, it may amount to the offence of perjury. This Tribunal has the power to conduct inquiry under Section 340 Cr.P.C. into the same and make a complaint to the criminal court having jurisdiction to try such offence of perjury. So, you may try that route in consultation with your lawyer (since you already have a lawyer and it is his duty to guide you in this regard).

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?