Regarding family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Regarding family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Respected sir
      i read your article on Tilak Marg Forum related to the pension entitlement to the unmarried daughter getting family pension even after the completion of 25years of age.My sister has crossed 25yrs previous month and her pension has been stopped.so i request you to intimate me the procedure how and where should i apply for the quick redressal of my grievance.

Regards.

Yes, recently, I had replied that Family pension to unmarried daughter of more than 25 years age is permissible.

However, please note that the Office Memorandum No. 1/19/03-P&PW (E) dated 6th September 2007, mentioned in the above reply was issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pension, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare. It would apply in the case of Central Government employees. In your question, you have not clarified under which Government your father was working. If he retired from the Central Government, then your sister may be eligible. But, if your father was working in some other Government or some other organisation, then you’ll have to check the relevant rules applicable in that Government or organisation.

If your sister fulfils the conditions mentioned in the above circular, then you may have to the contact the authority in the concerned department which had issued the orders for family pension to your sister, and bring to the knowledge of the said authority the directions of the Government of India in this regard. If they ask you to complete certain formalities, like giving proof of your sister being unmarried, then please submit such proof as per the format required by them (such as by affidavit or as per their requirements).

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased