Recruitment matter in Bihar – candidature of some candidates rejected

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Civil Law Recruitment matter in Bihar – candidature of some candidates rejected

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rahul Rai

Sir,
      My question is…
      Sir in bihar if a recruitment is ongoing and in between this some rejected candidates whose candidature is rejected file a case in patna high court and in single bench they loose.
      After that in double bench they win and court allow his candidature.
      After that recruiting body can file civil review case against that double bench decision and the judgement of that civil review case is like….
      Restore the double bench decision and start double bench case again and reserve seats for appellants…

Means double bench case was re-open after civil review decision.

Sir i want to know which party has more chances to win that double bench case.

And after double bench decision if loosing party approach supreme court then how much time it take.

Or simply saying if candidates loose the case then reserved seats results was declare and some students got joining.
      After joining can supreme court judgement affects that appointment ?

Bcoz appointment was giving after judgement of double bench which is restored after civil review.

Plz help sir.

It is not possible for me to predict as to which party has more chance to win before the division bench (double bench) of the high court, in the absence of knowledge of the detailed facts of the case. Result in a case depends on the detailed analysis of the facts and legal issues involved. In your case itself, results before 3 different courts have been different. It is not possible to speculate about the result of the case, more so since I am not even aware of the detailed facts and the legal issues in the present case. You should ask your lawyer if you are a party to the case.

If the order of the division bench of the high court is challenged before the Supreme Court, then let me point out that most of such challenges (which are in the form of SLP) are dismissed on the first date itself since the Supreme Court would generally refuse to issue notice in such SLPs (in such situation, it may take about a month or so only, in the Supreme Court). However, if the notice is issued in SLP, then the matter may take longer, and subsequently if leave is granted in the SLP (converting it into a regular appeal), the case may remain pending in the Supreme Court for a few years (generally, it may be 5-6 years or even more).

Yes, the order of the Supreme Court may affect the appointment also (if made on the basis of high court order) if the high court order is subsequently set aside by the Supreme Court.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Civil Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Dairy case no.4766/2020 filed on dated 5-2-2020 in SC, remarks shows defective matter
Do Benefit of court order limited to the concerned person
Riyaz Ahmad Sheikh vs State Jammu Kashmir (diary no 1269/2020)
Civil matter related case query.