Public prosecutor demanding money from accused to favour in criminal case

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Public prosecutor demanding money from accused to favour in criminal case

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

A criminal case has been filed against me. The public prosecutor has approached me and has demanded bribe. I am completely innocent and i am even against corruption. What action can i take against the said PP.

You can approach the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) or Vigilance Police [or CBI, if you are an accused in a case filed by CBI] of your state and lodge a complaint against the Public Prosecutor who is demanding bribe from you to favour you. On the basis of your complaint, the ACB will lay a trap to catch the culprit red-handed while demanding and accepting bribe. Taking bribe is an offence under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.

You can easily get information about the contract numbers of the ACB officers in your state from their website by searching on Google.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR, charge, sanction under S. 13(1)(d) of PC Act but conviction under 13(1)(c)
Taking household expenses at one-third of income in disproportionate assets case
Section of Prevention of Corruption Act to book person giving bribe to employee?
Can Prevention of Corruption Act case be filed against retired public servant?