Property own by parents can sell by a single son

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Property Law Property own by parents can sell by a single son

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Respected sir.
      My grandmother own the property it was being brought by my grandfather (not alive)is my uncle hold the right to sell it.my gm live with them.she earn money in form of government pension.can she able to sell it land on which a 3 storey building is built.we have voter ID of here.means permanent address as this house.but land paper is in hand of my uncle.i have 4 uncle,are they all share equal rights to have a part in that property or not at all.And my grandmother can sell it for any reason as she prosper enough.and we have partition for 20 year’s.or we have to fight title.

Cannot comment on the facts of your case in the absence of having seen the detailed facts.

But, generally speaking, it is not possible for a person to sell the property which is in the name of his mother, unless there is a power of attorney given to him by his mother.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.