property law – making will in respect of undivided property

Ask Legal Question (Free) Forums Property Law property law – making will in respect of undivided property

Ask a New Legal Question (Free)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ashok Dhamija Dr. Ashok Dhamija 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

can a non self acquired inherited un divided property be willed to other heirs

You have not clarified whether the person concerned is governed by the Hindu laws or any other law. If the person concerned is governed by Hindu law, then whether it is a Joint Hindu Family property or otherwise acquired through inheritance. Please give proper details.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles.

this query is pertaining to North Indian christian family-apologize for not mentioning it earlier,any other info required please do ask ,awaiting reply.
    thanking you

As far as my knowledge goes, in such a situation it should be possible for the person concerned to make a will in respect of his own share in the undivided property.     

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles.

humbly i ask is there a law/statute to support your knowledge in respect to my query

Please see the Succession Act, 1925, and, in particular, see Part VI thereof, which relates to wills.     

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.