Process of getting pension by unmarried daughter

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Process of getting pension by unmarried daughter

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Iti Sharma

Sir. First of all thank you very much for accurate information regarding getting pension to unmarried daughter.Sir, my father was govt.teacher in uttarakhand state.After his death my mother is getting his pension.now I have a unmarried sister of age35and she is totally depends upon my mother. All other brothers and sisters are married and well settled. My mother wants to know that what is the process to get pension by her unmarried daughter? Is there any action or declaration can be done by her so that her unmarried daughter can easily get pension after her.

As far as I understand, the name of the unmarried daughter can be added for the purposes of the family pension only after the death of the wife of the pensioner, who is at present getting the family pension. Only at that time, it can be ascertained whether the daughter is still unmarried, what is her age, what is her income and whether other conditions, if any (as per the Rules of the concerned Government) are satisfied by the daughter.

Please note the difference in family pension being given to the wife of the retired Government servant and to the unmarried daughter. In the latter case, there are certain conditions that are required to be satisfied which can generally be tested only when the time is ripe to consider the applicability of those conditions.

However, you may make enquiries with the concerned department which is paying pension to your mother for a more accurate answer to your question.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased