Police officer demanding bribe to close false case of molestation

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Police officer demanding bribe to close false case of molestation

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was falsely implicated in a case of molestation by a girl. Now the police officer, who knows that this case is a false case against me, is harassing me and wants me to give him some money (bribe) to file a closure report. What action can I take against this police officer (SHO)? If i write to his superior authorities, will it worsen my case?

File a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) or vigilance department of your state against the police officer demanding the bribe from you. If possible, record conversation with the police officer regarding demand of bribe before going to ACB. The ACB will lay a trap and catch him red-handed demanding and accepting the bribe from you. When you give a complaint to the ACB, usually they would try to help you in the case in which bribe was being demanded, to the extent it is legally possible to help you.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

FIR, charge, sanction under S. 13(1)(d) of PC Act but conviction under 13(1)(c)
Taking household expenses at one-third of income in disproportionate assets case
Section of Prevention of Corruption Act to book person giving bribe to employee?
Can Prevention of Corruption Act case be filed against retired public servant?