Police filing wrong closure final report in case – what is remedy as complainant

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Criminal Law Police filing wrong closure final report in case – what is remedy as complainant

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

On my complaint, police registered FIR but then they closed the case by filing false and wrong closure final report in court. What can I do in such case? My whole case has been spoiled by police during investigation which was won over and influenced by accused person.

You may file a protest petition in the court where the closure report has been filed by the police after completion of the investigation. If the court is convinced with the grounds mentioned in your protest petition, further investigation may be directed by the court or the court may take cognizance of the case directly without asking for a further investigation.

You may also meet the senior police officers (such as Superintendent of Police in the district and DCP in a city) and inform them about the faulty investigation. Under Section 173(8) of the Criminal Procedure Code, the police has the power to conduct further investigation even after submission of a final report in the court.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Criminal Law’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Improper investigation u/s 156(3) by police and judge dismissing the application
Who takes cognizance of a non-cognizable offence in a rural village or town?
How to compromise a case of assault on police (353) and non-obedience of order?
How can I obtain copies of Case Diary from police of investigation done in FIR?