Pension for unmarried daughter in state uttarakhand

Tilak Marg Forum for Legal Questions Forums Others Pension for unmarried daughter in state uttarakhand

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Iti Sharma

Sir, I read that unmarried daughter of more than 25 years is illegible to get pension,but in state uttarakhand the position is not clear. Some says that it is also granted but same time some says not applicable. Sir I am very confused. Please let me know what is the actuality. And from where I could get the G O regarding this subject.

It is not possible for me to give you accurate information about a particular state rules, since generally these state rules are not available in the up-to-date form on Internet. You’ll have to make enquiries with the concerned department of the State Government, if needed by RTI application.

However, this page from the UP Government (earlier Uttarakhand was part of UP, so the same rule may perhaps apply) indicates that family pension to an unmarried daughter may perhaps be given if a person from category 1 is not available to receive such family pension, and such pension would be available till marriage/re-marriage or till the date of starting earning, or death, whatever comes first.

Likewise, this page from Uttarakhand Government gives information about circulars for Government pensioners. You may examine these circulars, if they are of any help.

Otherwise, the best option is to contact the concerned department of the Uttarakhand Government, or from the office where your father retired.

Dr. Ashok Dhamija is a New Delhi based Supreme Court Advocate and author of law books. Read more about him by clicking here. List of his Forum Replies. List of his other articles. List of his Quora Answers. List of his YouTube Videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Others’ is closed to new Questions and replies.

You may also like to read these topics:

Family Pension - will standard deduction under Salary be separately available?
Sanction Gratuity & Pension to the Govt Officials convicted in ACB cases
family pension deduction u/s 57(iia) of Income Tax Act
Family pension for son of deceased